Date / Time
 

CHURCH HISTORY & INTERIOR
Church History & Interior
Church Statuary
The Life of Mary in Stained Glass

The Life of Mary in Stained Glass
The Immaculate Conception
Mary's Presentation in the Temple
The Betrothal of Mary and Joseph
The Annunciation
The Visitation
The Christmas Story
The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
The Flight Into Egypt
The Finding of Jesus
The Wedding of Cana
Mary's Dormition
The Assumption



GROUPS
APOSTOLATES
ORGANIZATIONS


OUR NEWEST VOCATION
Sister Maria Goretti of the Sacred Heart

PERPETUAL EUCHARISTIC ADORATION CHAPEL
Administrator, Thursday 26 June 2014 - 14:52:42

Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration
Chapel


Over 240 parishioners participate in the Church of the Assumption's Perpetual Adoration Chapel, heeding the Lord's invitation to His Apostles, "Will you not watch for an hour with me".
The Adoration Chapel was founded on March 25, 1993 and is located on the campus of St. John Elementary, in the chapel of the former convent, which housed the Marianite Sisters for some thirty years.



The monstrance holding the Blessed Sacrament is the focal point of the chapel.

Seven Dolorsa

While the chapel serves a different purpose now, the original decor is very appropriate. Our Lady of Seven Dolors, patroness of the Marianite Sisters, graces the front of the altar in the chapel. The image shows the seven arrows piercing Mary's heart, representing her Seven Sorrows which were:


1. The Prophecy of Simeon
2. The Flight into Egypt
3. Jesus is Lost in the Temple
4. Meeting with Jesus Carrying His Cross
5. The Crucifixion
6. Jesus' Body is placed in His Mother's Arms
7. The Burial of Jesus





Adorning the walls of the chapel are two statues: St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary holding the Baby Jesus.




The statue of St. Joseph was donated to the chapel by the St. John Academy Class of 1947 while the Blessed Mother and Infant Jesus statue was donated by the St. John Class of 1946.



The newest addition to the Adoration Chapel is a beautiful statue of the Madonna, holding her son, the Baby Jesus. This statue was donated in memory of babies Lawrence Thomas Haydel and Rye Michael Hill.

Pieta


We are always in need of new adorers. Consider signing up by calling chapel coordinator, Mrs. Cora Bouton at 337-828-1429.



 

CHURCH PROCEDURES
Sacrament Of Matrimony
Sacrament of Baptism
Annulments

EDUCATION
CCD
RCIA
First Communion
Confirmation
Parochial Schools


WEDDING GUIDELINES
The Marriage Course
Visiting Priests
Bridal-Maid Gowns
Church Fee
Flowers
Rehearsal
Offertory
Wedding Times
License


GET HELP
Abortion Counseling
Pro-Life Issues
Natural Family Planning
Alcoholics Anonymous
Hospice of Acadiana Support Group
Loss of a Spouse
Loss of a Parent
Loss of a Child
Miscarriage/Stillborn
Death and the Afterlife
Prayers For The Bereaved


LINKS
Our Weekly Bulletin
Diocese of Lafayette
The Holy See
Mass Times in the United States
Marianite Sisters
Come, Lord Jesus!
Hanson Memorial High School
St. John Elementary
Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles


Hosted by Curiouser & Curiouser
©2014